In the U.S, Kenyan man kills Ghanaian student, eats heart and brain
A Kenyan man by heritage living in the U.S is being charged with first-degree murder for killing and eating a Ghanaian student’s heart and brain in the state of Maryland.
Just hours after his family members alerted police to a human head and two hands they discovered stashed in metal tins, a Maryland man admitted killing his housemate, cutting him up, then eating his heart and part of his brain, authorities said.
Alexander Kinyua, a Kenyan descent 21 years of age , is being held without bail Thursday at the Harford County Detention Center after being charged with first-degree murder, first-degree assault and second-degree assault.
His roommate, Kujoe Bonsafo Agyei-Kodie, a Ghanaian, had left his Joppatowne home six days earlier for an apparent early morning jog. Wearing a T-shirt and shorts, he left his wallet, cell phone and identification at home.
On Tuesday, Antony Kinyua — Alexander Kinyua’s father — called a Harford County detective assigned to the missing person’s case and told him about his other son’s gruesome discovery.
According to the charging document, the other son explained to the detective how he had come across two metal tins covered by a blanket in the basement laundry room of Agyei-Kodie’s Joppatowne residence. He opened the tins and found the head and hands.
The brother said he “confronted (Alexander Kinyua), who denied the remains were human,” then went upstairs to get his father, the detective said in the charging document. When the father and son returned to the basement, “the items he observed were gone and … Alex Kinyua was cleaning the container he observed them in.”
Two Harford County detectives later arrived on the scene and discovered the head and hands on the home’s main floor.
“He admitted to killing our missing person, Mr. Kodie, and cutting him up with a knife,” Harford County Sheriff Jesse Bane told reporters Thursday. “He further stated that he consumed Mr. Kodie’s internal organs — specifically his heart and portions of his brain.”
The suspect told detectives to go to the parking lot of the nearby Town Baptist Church, where they could — and did — find the rest of Agyei-Kodie’s remains in a dumpster.
The missing person’s report filed Saturday described the 37-year-old Agyei-Kodie as “very intelligent.” He had earned multiple master’s degrees from schools in Ghana and was also a graduate student at Morgan State University, even though he wasn’t taking classes there at the time of his death.
Kinyua was affiliated with the same state university in Baltimore. The engineering student was one of 175 people showcased in an August 2011 symposium run by the prestigious Los Alamos National Laboratory. His study focused on the cost-effectiveness and productivity of “comfort control” systems regulating heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
What Africans are saying around the web:
- Kyekyeku: That tribe where he’s from is known in Kenya as criminals , they will do anything to prosper . They will break shipping containers and take the content and will kill for money. I can not compare their evilness to any tribe in Ghana. If you have a Kenyan friend and he tells you he is a kikuyu tribe please be careful, the Kenyans even don’t wants them as friends.
- Tyrone: It looks like the spirit of cannibalism is now entering into the world, we are in trouble. There was another incidence in miami and another one in canada people observes this this cannibalism act will increase as time goes on.
- Peter Yeboah: Pls i think i know this guy frm royal int. sch. in kumasi. if i may be right, he was my junior at the school somewhere 1983. he was really an intelligent guy. he was also good at playing football.we were in the same dormitory. he attended st. augustine´s college. MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.
- Aba: Since gayism and lesbianism became an accepted order, the types of crimes that have followed are very disastrous. Drug use, diseases, robbery, rape, murder, and prostitution have taken a new turn. They are on the accendency nowadays. The next level is cannibalism. Where is the world heading to? Ask Hague and Obama.
- Anonymous: Folks Ghana has lost one of our most brilliant and illustrious sons. Camacho, as we use to call Kojo Adjei-Kodie Bonsafo, was the most popular guy in (KN)UST back in the early 90′s. He was the Commander of Unity Hall Cadet, CONTIMOG, and the Parade Adjutant for (KN)UST Cadet. His mates in St. Augustine’s used to call him Tiger. Camacho,a residence of Bomso-TeK, was from a wealthy home and used to drive Mercedes-benz on campus and sometimes carry revolver pistol on him because of his love for the military. I lost a good personal friend. May his soul rest in the bosom of the mighty God.
If you have any commentary on this shocking cannibal story that occurred in the U.S, use the Facebook comment box below to add your input.